It is my dream to go to different places around the world. May it be local or International, Mission or Vacation or Work related. That’s why I am so overwhelmed given a chance to have my first international flight.
It is indeed an answered prayer. I thanked God for provision, protection, and all the experiences.
I remember last Nov. 2012, I had a hard time convincing my parents to allow me to go to this travel, because they are so worried that I’ll be a thousand miles away from them. Its not just mommy and daddy whom I need to talk to about this matter but also my brothers. To make a long story short, I have their permission.
So… the 4 days and 4 nights came a long so fast. And I just want to share some things I learned during the HK and Macau Trip. These 100 Random Things (In no particular order).
1. Plan your travel.
The thought of traveling without a well-structured plan can sound extremely scary to those who have never done it.
2. Prepare- Financially, Emotionally, and Spiritually.
3. Pray – Ask and Trust God for Provision.
4. You can’t put a price on your most memorable life experiences.
5. Ask your parent’s permission before booking a ticket.
6. Simple Things may end up being more fun.
7. There are times that you really have to stand on your own.
8. If you can’t pick up your bag. You prolly packed too much.
9. No matter how rude the person in charge on the immigration, stay calm and smile. After all, they will decide if they will allow you to travel or not.
10. Believe me! Not all Nurses wants to go abroad for work.
11. Monitor How much you spend.
Don’t Always Convert
13. Most of the world’s people are friendly and decent.
14. Don’t worry about travelling alone.
15. Travelling can teach you more than almost anything else.
16. It’s really nice to have a sister.
17. HK People are very stylish
18.There’s a lot of free taste in Macau.
19. Almond Cookies taste good.
20. ESPRIT in HK is affordable compared here in PH
21.Dim Sum is Delicious!
22. There is no shame in saying “I don’t know”
23. Money can’t buy happiness but Money can buy something that makes you happy.
24. You will find anything and everything you could ever need at HK Market.
25. Not all Hotels have shuttle services to the Airport.
26. HK Seaport is so Nice.
27. Taxi’s flagdown rate in HK is $20
28. MTR Opens at 6, ’till 12MN
29.Cebu Pacific’s Wintermelon Milktea is fine.
30. What doesn’t kill you will only make you strong.
31.Always check your emails if possible. But, You can’t work and travel at the same time.
32. Your whole life can change in a day but your hometown will be just as you left it.
33. Learn how to Bargain.
34.Milk Tea in HK is cheaper. $14– around 78php.
35. No matter how many beautiful things you see, never stop appreciating the clouds. AND SUNSETS!
36. Always ask for a map.
37. At least attempt to learn the local language. (Hello and Thank you) Ni Hao and Xie Xie will get you farther than you think.
39. Street and wall art can be just as rewarding as paying to visit a museum.
40. Sometimes, you have to embrace cliche.
41.Respect the elderly wherever you are
42. Bring snacks for Airplane, Bus and Train rides.
44.Call/Text your parents just enough so they won’t worry. No matter how old you are, they are still your parents.
45.Trust your instincts.
46.Guard your passport and ticket with your life.
47.Talking with other travelers will teach you more than checking government websites.
48.No matter what your beliefs are, respect local culture.
49.No one said travel is easy. But it is Fun!
50.Look at the signs ( if picture is allowed).
51. Check the weather. But for you to make sure, always bring a jacket.
52. Be grateful (There’s a lot of reason to be thankful for)
53. Just enjoy what God has for you.
54. There are things that you just can’t learn (Like the left-right side on the escalator)
55. There are also things you can learn.
56. Take good care of the “Octopus Card”
57. Don’t let the simple things spoil the good things that happened.
58. Say Sorry.
59. If there’s a conflict, talk about it. Resolved.
60. Be with someone who is comfortable with your silence.
61. Always bring your charger and adapter.
62. Bring extra Bat for Cam.
63. Check the Currency Rate
64. Spontaneity can be the best personal quality you embrace and cultivate, even if it doesn’t come naturally.
65. Fear shouldn’t stop you from achieving anything you dream of!
66. It’s all about how you respond.
67. It’s good to know someone misses you.
68. HK have a lot of SASA and Body Shop Outlet.
69. Haagen Dazs Macadamia taste really good!
70. Everyone, everywhere basically wants/need everything (Ask Maslow)
71. Check your Roaming.
72. Deferring your happiness to the future is a terrible idea.
73. HK is very organized and easy to get around.
74. The Internet is the greatest tool ever available to us
75. Pony Tail $70. why?
76. You don’t know what you’ve got ’till its gone.
77. Appreciate you boss for VL approval. 🙂
78. Winter clothes are nice
79. Horizon is an amazing thing.
80. Even if you’re still. You’re still moving.
81. There’s beauty in every photographs.
82. Follow Traffic Rules.
83. Music makes me happy plus plus plus the lights
84. Fireworks <3
85. Mickey and Minnie are so adorable as well as other Disney Characters.
86. There are different exits on MTR.
87. I never seem to regret taking the time to take time.
88. Eurika’s story. -Her life is a great testimony.
89. Ruins of Saint Paul is a good illustration about foundation.
90. Walking is the best way to explore the city and to burn Calories.
91. Ref Magnet is Mom’s fave pasalubong of all. 😛
92. Remember. You’re making memories.
93. It’s good to have a movie on your ipod, to watch while waiting at the Airport.
94. A pen is better than a key chain as a gift for your friends.
95. All things work together for good.
96. Writing 100 Things I’ve learned during my vacation is cool.
97. I need to keep God and His word in my mind and in my heart.
98. God never leaves me nor forsake me. Never will.
99. You don’t really need to go to a vacation to know number 97 and 98. 🙂
100. There’s no place like home.
The most important lesson in life can never be expressed enough in words, but in action. I pray that the next time I’ll travel, I’ll be more responsible and prepared.
Learning is never ending (Doesn’t end in 100). I’m just so thankful to God that He turned this vacation in more than just a tour but a lot of lessons in life. As He said, All things work together for good.
Thank you, God for allowing me to experience these things. and also, Thanks, Kuya Chris for my Plane ticket. 🙂 hehe
The world is Big! God’s creation is Great! and God is Greater! I’m excited for more!